The below post received so much attention last year when I originally wrote it that I thought it warranted another appearance on the blog. Enjoy!
Many times brides and grooms ask about the need for a Day Of Wedding Coordinator when their wedding venue already provides a venue coordinator. The first responsibility of facility coordinators (church and reception site) is to the venue, not the bride and groom. These coordinators will only supervise vendors contracted through the facility. In most cases their responsibility ends when your event begins.
Sapphire Celebrations’ Day Of Wedding Coordination service begins upon contract signature. In addition to managing the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception, our service includes:
- Consultation in the planning process with up to three meetings. At the bride’s discretion these hours can be used in a variety of ways during the thirty days prior to the wedding.
- Understanding the couple’s wedding vision down to the smallest detail.
- Vendor confirmation seven days prior to event.
- Development and distribution of a detailed timeline for wedding party, family members, and vendors.
- Two contacts on the wedding day – one at the ceremony, a second at the reception.
- Delivery and set-up of special touches – guest book, signing mat, card box, favors, place cards, menu and escort cards, seating chart, chair covers, etc.
- Transportation of guest book, card box, etc. between ceremony and reception sites.
- Vendor supervision – caterer, florist, photographer, videographer, DJ, etc.
- Seamless resolution of issues as they arise, i.e. seating for unexpected guests.
- Cueing activities at scheduled times – wedding processional, food service, first dance, toasts, cake cutting, and bouquet and garter toss.
- Distribution of vendor payments and tips on wedding day.
- Securing card box contents (money) in a safe location.
- Emergency kit with more than 100 items – sewing kit, steamer, Band-Aids, pain reliever, nylons, smelling salts, stain remover, and repair kits for hair, makeup, and nails.
Yes, you could ask a family member or friend to take on these responsibilities. However, the individual responsible for reception site set-up will forgo witnessing your wedding vows. These responsibilities are best handled by a professional wedding coordinator.
Sapphire Celebrations will be at the bride’s disposal, at her beck and call; ensuring that her wedding day is everything she envisions. To ensure that the bride and groom, their family, and their friends enjoy every minute of this special occasion every couple should hire a day-of wedding coordinator.
Contact us today to set up time to talk about how we can help make your wedding vision a reality!
Photo by Lindsay B Photography